The Betting Calculator: Find Out How Much You Can Earn
Using our betting calculator to work out your bet has never been easier; you can quickly work out your profit potential and make instantaneous adjustments. All you need are the odds of the selection and the stake amount you wish to place. It truly is that simple! If you don’t believe us, then when don’t you give it a try below? All types of bet are covered so you won’t be left wanting.
Fantastic Variety of Bet Types on Offer Top Promotions and Bonuses Betway Visit Site! Full T&Cs Apply! *New customers only. Min Deposit: £10. First deposit matched up to £10. 1 x wagering at odds of 1.75+ to unlock Free Bet. Debit Card & PayPal deposits only. This offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered.
As you see from the drop-down menu you have plenty of choice. If you are unsure about how to use the tool or need help with explanation of some of the terms, then carry on reading as we will go into detail below.
How to Use the Betting Calculator
The betting odds calculator is a very simple tool. It requires very little knowledge of how a bet works, and all you need to do is follow a very easy process in order to get the end result. Below we have created a set of boxes that are the three basic steps to attaining a return and profit calculation. If you follow these then you can’t go wrong and will be well on your way to becoming an expert at using the calculator!
- Select the Options Before starting anything it essential all your preferred options are selected. The odds format (decimal, fractional), stake type, and if there are any extra rules, such as each-way. You then need to enter the stake amount.
- Insert Odds Then, depending on the number of selections your bet has, you need to enter their corresponding odds into the empty boxes. Don’t forget to enter them in the format you chose in the previous step.
- Calculate the Return and Profit This is the easiest step in the process, as you actually don’t need to do anything! If you have done the previous steps correctly then these should automatically appear!
A Practical Example
In order to make using the betting returns calculator easier for you, we have provided you with a practical example in the box above. For this we chose to bet on football games and chose a relatively simple double bet.
We chose the matches between Manchester United and Crystal Palace, and one between Chelsea and Liverpool.
We wanted to back United at 1.6, and then a draw between the other game at 2.6.
We then put a stake of £5. If it won, we would get a return of £20.80 and a total profit of £15.80.
Check the image above for a visual interpretation of this description.
Bet Options Explained
In the boxes below we will now go into detail about the terms used in our betting profit calculator. Some of them you may be familiar with and others you may need a more clarification. Check the terms out below!
The odds format is simply choosing the way in which the odds are displayed. This can be fractional (3/1), decimal (4.0), or American (+300). In the UK, fractional has traditionally been used, however decimal, is beginning to gain traction.
The selections option is the number of events you wish to bet on. For some bets, this will be a steadfast amount. Trixie’s, always need three selections, whereas accumulators can have as many as you want (until a maximum predefined by the bookie – usually 20).
Here you have to choose if your stake will be a combined stake, or a per bet stake. If, for example you have a Trixie, and set £10 combined, that is your total outlay. However, if you select ‘per bet’, your total outlay will be £40, as there are four total bets on the ticket.
The Rules Explained
When looking at the betting calculator you may have noticed there were some different rules mentioned in the top corner. Here we will go into detail about what each of these means, and how they are relevant to your bet. Note that they relate particularly to horse racing betting.
- EACH WAY RULES Each way is a two-part bet. You place one part on an outright winner, and the second part on placed finishes (2nd, 3rd, and 4th depending on the bookie). If the horse finishes first, you are paid both the ‘winner’ and the ‘place’ part. If it comes in 2nd to 4th you usually get paid 1/4 or 1/5th of the odds for your place stake. Note that you are liable for two stakes in this type of bet.
- RULE 4 RULES The rule 4 rules are reductions made to the winnings you receive when you have backed a horse to win or place in a race where one or more horse has withdrawn after already placing the bet. The odds offered at the starting price will no longer be valid, as a smaller field means it is now easier for your chosen horse to win. Therefore, your odds will be reduced to reflect this.
- DEAD HEAT RULES Dead heat rules are calculated when two or more horse cross the line in the exact same time. If there were 2 or more winners in a dead heat, the winnings are calculated by dividing the stake proportionally between the winners. So, in a two-way dead heat, your return will be half of what it would originally have been. A three-way, a third, and so on.
Bet Totals Explained
During our explanations on how the betting odds calculator works we have mentioned many different terms such as outlay (liability), return, and profit. What do they actually mean? In the boxes below we provide you with detailed descriptions and explanations.
Your outlay, or liability is the total overall stake amount you will place on your bet. This is the amount that if your bet loses, you will not receive in return. Be aware that the bigger the system, the larger your outlay will be.
Your total return is the amount you receive if your bet wins. This is figure always includes the stake you have bet, as this will be included in the winning figure. Hopefully you will receive a big return when you win!
The total profit is the overall amount of money you have made. This figure doesn’t include your original placed stake, instead just the overall additional sum you have made on the bet, or in other word the profit.
Best Betting Bonus to Play With on the Calculator
When using the betting calculator, it is essential to use the very best betting sites and their associated bonuses. Our experts thoroughly tested the tool with all the different online operators, and the bookie below was the one we would recommend. Firstly, the welcome bonus is fantastic, and you can truly use it to your advantage, and secondly, they have all the different bet types you need when using our calculator. Don’t just take our word for it, give it a go for yourself!
- Top promotions on offer
- Intuitive platform and sleek design
- Fantastic odds levels for football
The Advantages of the Calculator
The advantages of using our betting odds calculator are innumerable, it truly extols the virtues of what such a tool should be. You can use it your benefit in so many ways, and best of all its simplicity means even the least tech-savvy person could find their way around it. You can compare prices, see the profit you would be set to make, and all this within seconds. Below, we have listed some of our favorite advantages, even so there are many more to be found!
- Workout the totals of your bet automatically, you don’t have to press any extra buttons!
- Calculations happen in a quick and timely manner so you can see results instantly
- Adjust your odds to the changing market within an instant to easily compare prices
The Different Calculators for Every Type of Bet
With our dedicated calculator you can use it to work out numerous types of different bets. This ranges from the simple single, double, and treble, to the more complicated Lucky 15, Canadian, and Goliath. In our list below, you can see the available tools, and you can go directly to their dedicated pages by clicking on the link below. We will then provide detailed information on how to use them, so you don’t need to worry. Have a go!
Single Calculator The single is a bet placed on just one selection or outcome
Double Calculator The double is a bet placed on two combined selections
Treble Calculator The treble bet is placed on a combination of three selections
Trixie Calculator The Trixie is a system bet made up of three overall selections
.Accumulator CalculatorCombine many selections to make an accumulator
Patent Calculator The patent is a 7-bet system using three selections total
Yankee Calculator The Yankee is a system of 11 bets from four selections
Lucky 15 Calculator A Lucky 15 is used to combine four selections into 15 bets
Lucky 31 Calculator A Lucky 31 is used to combine five selections into 31 bets
Lucky 63 Calculator A Lucky 63 uses six selections to make 63 bets
Heinz Calculator The Heinz uses six selections to make 57 bets overall
Super-Heinz Calculator The Super-Heinz uses seven selections to make 120 bets
Goliath Calculator The Goliath system is 257 bets from eight selections total
Canadian Calculator The Canadian used five events to combine them into 26 bets
Heinz Flag Calculator The Heinz Flag consists of 87 smaller bets in total
Dutching Calculator Use two bets in Dutching to cover all outcomes
Alphabet Calculator The Alphabet uses six selections to make 26 bets
SSA CalculatorA Single Stakes About consist of two bets from two selections
Flag Calculator The Flag bet uses four selections to make 23 overall bets
Goliath Flag Calculator The Goliath Flag takes eight selections and makes 303 bets
Union Jack Patent Calculator The Union Jack Patent is a system made up of 56 bets
Union Jack Trixie Calculator The Union Jack Trixie consists of a total 32 bets
Union Jack Trebles Calculator The Union Jack Trebles bet uses eight trebles overall
Roundabout Calculator The Roundabout bet uses three selections and up to six bets
Round Robin Calculator The Round Robin makes 10 bets from three selections
Double Stakes About A Double Stakes About uses two bets from two events
Surebet CalculatorThe Surebet is an arbitrage bet to ensure profit on your wager
Rounder Calculator A Rounder is a bet made up of three singes and three ATC Doubles
Union Jack Round Robin Calculator The Union Jack Round Robin consists of 80 bets
Super Flag Calculator The Super Flag bet takes five selections to make 46 bets
Hedging Calculator Hedge a bet and secure a guaranteed profit on your wager